If you’re looking for things to do near Vancouver this weekend, why not head to Kilby Historic Site on Saturday, September 24 for BC Legends Day, hosted by the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club (B.C.S.C.C.).
On Saturday, the BCSCC will make presentations on BC’s own “cryptids” (creatures or plants whose existence has been suggested but is unrecognized by scientific consensus), the Sasquatch, long said to roam the hills around Harrison Lake, and Ogopogo, the lake monster said to live in Okanagan Lake.
Presentations from BCSCC members will include:
Sasquatch Investigator and author Tom Steenburg will discuss the multitude of Sasquatch encounters in the area. Thomas has personally interviewed eyewitnesses and gathered evidence, which has resulted in the publication of several quality titles such as:
- Sasquatch/Bigfoot: The Continuing Mystery (Thomas N. Steenburg)
- In Search of Giants: Bigfoot Sasquatch Encounters (Thomas N. Steenburg)
- Meet the Sasquatch (Christopher L. Murphy, John Green and Thomas Steenburg)
Adam has studied Canada’s unknown aquatic creatures for over 15 years, and has participated in several research expeditions. An in-depth examination of the animal(s) in Lake Okanagan will be presented with:
- Historic and Modern Ogopogo Encounters – Photos and Stories
- Technology Used for Lake Monster Research
- Other Possibly Related Aquatic Creatures in BC
Experts in the fields of First Nations Legends and Historic Ghost Stories of BC will also be on site to give information and listen to your stories!
To find the Kilby Historic Site:
- Take Lougheed Highway through Misson towards Harrison Hot Springs
- Continue past the Sasquatch Inn and over the Harrison River Bridge
- Turn right on School Road just after the Harrison River Bridge
- Turn right on Kilby Road; parking lot is on the right hand side, just minutes down the road